Hi everyone! Today for Top Ten Thursday, I will be sharing some of my childhood favourites! (They are not in order of how much I like them, because I honestly like them all!) So whether you are a child at heart or have a young child who is an avid reader, here are some favourites from when I was very young!
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown! I absolutely adored this story when I was little, and I used to have my dad read it to me every night before I went to bed, and he read it so much that he memorized it!
2. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch! Robert Munsch was one of my favourite authors when I was small, and I still own almost ALL of his books! This story in particular was in my opinion, one of his best!
3. Something from Nothing by Phoebe Gilman! I really enjoyed this book, and I will be doing a review on it very soon!
4. This isn’t a series for the youngest child, as they are beginners’ chapter books, but nevertheless, I was a HUMONGOUS fan of Junie B. Jones! I have read most of the books in the series at least twice, and I remember a time a few years back when I gobbled up three of them in a couple hours! They were also the first novels I’ve ever read, and a great introduction to chapter books for young kids! (Below is the first book in the series, but there are WAYYY more!)
5. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein! This is an amazing story and it teaches such a good lesson of gratitude and kindness! I wouldn’t recommend it for the youngest readers because the wording is a little complex and harder to understand, but it’s perfect for students in primary school!
6. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.! My brother and I both really liked this story when we were in kindergarten, and our teachers loved it as well, and would always read it to us in class!
7. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst! I remember really liking this book, as it always made me laugh! It was also turned into a movie a couple years ago, and it was just the funniest as well!
8. Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes! In primary school, my teachers LOVED Kevin Henkes and always read his books to us, and this one was one of my favourites!
9. The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka! I always got a good laugh out of this one! (It’s a hilarious remake of the original Three Little Pigs story)
10. And lastly… Hug by Jez Alborough! This is such a cute little book, and perfect for the child just starting to read! I know it was one of my favourites when I was a toddler!
What were your favourite books when you were young? Tell me in the comments below!
30 Day Book Challenge:
Today’s prompt is the book with the most surprising ending. I’m going to have to say The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn, because the ending was ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS! Check out my review for it here!