Hi everyone! Today I wanted to discuss and weigh the pros and cons of borrowing and buying books, and you guys can help me make the ultimate decision of which one is better, because I honestly love both! So let’s get started!
1. You can read books FOR FREE!
2. At the library, you can place holds for books that you really want without having to pay even a dime, so they will come to your local branch as soon as they are ready!
3. Self-checkouts at libraries!
- You only have a limited amount of time to read the books you take out (for my local library, it’s three weeks)! Unless you renew, you have to pay money if you return the book(s) late! If you’re a slow reader, libraries may not be the best choice for you, because you’d have to read the book under a deadline.
- The books can be dirty, because dozens of people have already touched them! People could have touched the books with dirty hands or they could have eaten while reading.
- If you lose the book, it’s your responsibility to replace it!
- You need a library card to access materials.
- You get to keep the book for as long as you want- it’s yours to add to your collection!!
- The books are usually new (if you go to an unused bookstore, at least), and clean as a whistle!
- It just feels so much better coming out of a bookstore with a few books knowing that they’re yours to keep!
- The most obvious con is that you need to spend money to get your hands on these books!
- The lineups on a busy day!
So now that I’ve rounded up the pros and cons of each, I still can’t decide which one I like better! What do you like to do more when it comes to books- borrow, or buy? Tell me in the comments below! 🙂
30 Day Book Challenge:
We have come to the last day of the 30 day book challenge, meaning I’ve had my blog for about a month now! I think I can say that I’ve been really enjoying blogging and doing this challenge for you guys so you can get to know me and my reading tastes a little better!
Nevertheless, today’s prompt is my favourite book of all-time. Hmm… this is a toughie… but I’m going to say that I absolutely ADORED Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson! I love too many books to say that it’s my absolute favourite, but it’s definitely one of the best books I’ve EVER read! Check out my review for it here!