Guess who is back with her 16th Sunshine Blogger Award? (Hint, it’s me!) Here’s a big and warm thank you to Sam @ River-Moose-Reads for tagging me in so many awesome things!💜 For those who haven’t seen her blog, it is awesome so I would definitely recommend that you do so!
So let’s get shining!☀️
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
113 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
What are your five favourite books from childhood?
Ugh, there are SO MANY to choose from! I’ll just pull five from the top of my head, in no particular order:
- The Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Judy Moody series by Megan McDonald
- All of the Robert Munsch books
- Something from Nothing by Phoebe Gilman
There are many, many more, but these are the five books and series that came to mind first.
What required reading books did you hate/love?
So far I have read a few books for literacy and English classes in elementary and high school, and I have had quite mixed feelings for a lot of them. Here are the ones I either really disliked or loved:
–Skybreaker by Matt Cruse
-Macbeth by William Shakespeare
–The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
These are not all of the books that I’ve had to read for school- just the ones I’ve given extreme ratings to.
What is one book you’d recommend everyone to read?
Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin is an extremely important read, and everyone should have the chance to get their hands on it sometime during their lives- even despite its under-ratedness!
Tea or coffee? What kind (think Starbucks order etc.)?
Neither!👍 I much prefer milk and water.
Give us a bookish confession!
Whenever I feel like I am about to fall behind on my Goodreads reading challenge, I pick up a picture book or a short children’s novel to catch myself up. It guilts me out to do this, but I hate being responsible for unfinished reading challenges!
Why did you start blogging?
Well, one thing I know for sure is that it wasn’t to answer this same question over and over and over again.💁😂
Current top 5 TV shows?
I do not watch much TV, but I will try my best to conjure a few here:
- Full House
- Fuller House
- America’s Got Talent (or any reality talent show in general)
- Any of those home improvement shows (such as Love it or List it)
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head right now. If you have any cool recs then definitely share them with me in the comments!
Favourite board game?
My top two are most likely The Game of Life and Scrabble.
Do you collect anything? What do you collect?
When I was younger, I used to be a HUGE collector of anything that interested me, but I’ve been slacking off a bit because I just haven’t had the time. Here are some things I used to collect (and still have the collections of):
- Books (still do!)
- Fun erasers
- Silly Bandz
- Stuffed animals (preferably Webkinz or Beanie Babies)
- Business cards (I don’t understand why I collected these at all🤷♀️)
- Paper dolls
Show off your three favourite bookmarks!
One is this adorable dolphin bookmark that I believe I got one year from a book fair at my elementary school.🐬
Also, do you know those paint samples that you get while at paint and depot stores? Yeah, so a few years ago I was at a depot store and I went crazy collecting these, and they are extremely practical and fun to use as bookmarks!
I also have an adorable penguin bookmark, but I can’t seem to find it right now in order to be able to post a picture of it.🐧
Most anticipated upcoming book release?
One of my favourite bloggers (Cait @ Paper Fury) is releasing a book in June called A Thousand Perfect Notes and I am DYING to read it! It looks SO GOOD!💘
You guys have no obligations to participate in this if you’re not willing to or if you’ve already done it, but I would still love to hear your answers to my questions below!👍
1. Where was the last place you travelled, and when was it?
2. How many physical books do you own?
3. Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
4. What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
5. Share your favourite meme or GIF!😂
6. Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
7. What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
8. Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
9. Do you know your Myers-Briggs personality type? If so, what is it?
10. What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
11. Give a shoutout to 5 awesome bloggers, and spread the love like confetti!😊
So tell me, do you dis/agree with any of my answers? How would you answer my or Sam’s questions? Let me know in the comments below.